Have you sent out your Christmas cards? I haven't even come close yet. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do this year. I love to send something handmade or at least cards with a photo I've taken.
I thought I would share what I did last year in case there's someone out there still searching for an idea.
This is a great way to use up scraps of paper or even old cards. You just need pretty patterns and colors. You can choose a theme or go completely random.
1. Cut your paper into long strips. It doesn't matter if it's perfectly even or not.
2. Apply glue to one side of your strips of paper and overlap them.
3. Glue them down onto a thick piece of paper or old card.
4. Once all the layers are glued down cut out the shape of a triangle. You should be able to get quite a few out of one piece.
5. Keep repeating the steps until you have enough triangles as you do cards you want to send out.
Finally you just need to attach your triangle to the front of a card and make a tree adding a trunk and a star at the top. You can get as creative as you want with decorating your tree. Have fun with it!